STETHS Alumni Association Mentoring Program (STAMP)
STAMP. An Initiative by St. Elizabeth Technical High School Alumni Association USA Inc. Sponsored By Alumnus Dr. Cosmo Fraser
Who we are:
STETHS alumni, teachers, supporters, and community leaders, from various professional backgrounds.
STETHS Alumni Mentoring Program ( STAMP) is designed to provide current students and recent graduates with support in all facets of their lives. This program focuses on academic, personal, and professional success outcomes.
Mentors Requirements and Commitments:
- Complete mentorship profile.
- Make a one-year commitment to mentoring and attend 1 training session and 2 yearly mentoring event.
- Notify the program coordinator if you are unable to keep mentoring session.
- Keep discussions with mentees confidential, unless the student’s safety or well-being is at-risk, or I suspect abuse.
- Notify the program coordinator of any significant change in my mentee behavior / attitude.
- Refrain from contacting or seeing my mentee outside of the established parameters and supervised sites where the program takes place.
Mentees Requirements and Commitments
- Complete mentee profile
- Must have a financial need
- Must meet academic criteria required by the program
- Must be involved in campus activities: member of on campus clubs, or a student athlete
- Keep all appointments with mentor
- Notify mentor if they cannot keep an appointment with him/her for any reason;
- Respect the guidelines set by mentor.
- Attend all required program activities.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the program.
- Communicate with the program coordinator if you feel uncomfortable or experience problems at any time during the program.
- Fill out a survey at the end of the year.
- Mentors training and Meeting with Dr. Cosmo Fraser – One session -To be announced (TBA)
- Kicking of Meeting: Mentors and Mentees pairing – Sessions two
- Pinning Ceremony- with Dr. Cosmo Fraser – Sessions Three
- Individual Meetings – 9 meetings minimum January – September
- End of academic year- with Dr. Cosmo Fraser – Celebration Meeting
Leaving... a Legacy
Benefit to Mentors and Mentees
- Exposure to Positive Influences
- Access to personal & professional development resources
- Improved student / teacher relations
- Increased chance of persistence (Graduation)
- Exposure to work experience, internship opportunities, and career field choices
- Paying it forward- Giving back
- Leaving a LEGACY!